6.3.12

PEIP

We have been meeting with nurses and physical therapists to see if Dawson qualifies for Provo Early Intervention (PEIP).  Another therapist left here just a few minutes ago, and I am feeling really hopeful/excited. 

As long as he qualifies:

* Dawson will get help with a group of therapists to help him in any areas they can;  improving his right hemiparesis, fine motor skills, development delays, etc.

* The therapists will COME TO OUR HOME to work with him. HUGE perk!! (Dawson is VERY different when we aren't at home)

* The cost for all the therapy is awesome.

I will be very surprised if he doesn't qualify.  I sure hope he does- he really needs help. They can't do anything to stop the epilepsy, BUT getting help/moving forward at least in the areas they can (physical therapy especially)... I dunno.  It lifts some of this heaviness of doing this on our own.  I can't wait to get started. 

Hopefully we will get results soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment