21.3.12

options

Thanks to my awesome friend Cari for telling me about this:


It was nice to go and learn more specifics of the VNS.  I am very interested in seeing what help it could do for Dawson . . .  PS Who is currently asleep on me and drooling all over everything. I am soaked.  Awesome.

Anyway, the VNS isn't something they normally put in people under age 12 but maybe I can find a doctor who'd be willing to ok it.  Dr. Barkan thinks it's a last resort option.  From what I learned tonight however, I'd prefer to give it a try BEFORE surgery.  We'll see.

It was also nice to be around people who relate and can speak the epilepsy lingo. Felt good to be a part of a group, since I have felt very awkward in most social settings for a long time now.  Sure feels awesome to be understood.

I am sure that's true for everyone.

Well, there's an delicious two year old here who really looks like he needs to be snuggled. Mmmhmmm.  G'night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment