7.2.12

video of a Saturday morning with epilepsy

I am outside in a parking lot looking through pictures and videos on my iPad while I am waiting for Halle and Drew in tumbling.

On the iPad I have several videos recorded for doctors, so they can see specifics in the seizures.

I have decided to share a few clips from a morning in December.

Usually Daws keeps his helmet on, but this particular morning I left it off. It was getting in the way of the camera getting his facial movements. The kids and I built a fort with about every blanket and pillow we own. Then we stayed in the area, watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", keeping a protected landing space for Dawson's drops where I could record safely.

The first 20 or so seconds of the seizure aren't captured. It takes at least that long to notice, make sure he is safe, grab the iPad, unlock it, open the app and get the camera rolling. But you get the general idea of how they look minus the initial drop to the floor and obviously length. I don't think I caught every episode and I quit recording after about 3 hours. I know I have already said this on my other blog, but videoing these feels strange/wrong. Ugh. My sweet kids.... :'(

Dawson's walk isn't always as clumsy as it was that morning, and he isn't always as grumpy. It varies day to day. Simetimes worse, sometimes better. This shows a pretty "normal" morning (he has more in the morning usually)- not a great morning, but def not the worst.

Can't blame him for the grumpy though. I would be too. My little Dawson amazes me- what he puts up with and how patiently he (usually) does it. I love him so much. I watch his quiet determination and inside I know he is an exceptional person.

We are gonna find a way to stop this before it gets worse. We just have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment